Blip.fm is a new web app that lets you tell people what you’re listening to… with a comment.
The look and feel is also similar to Twitter posing the simple question ‘What are you listening to?’.
It’s a really nice example of integration and how apps and services are finally feeling “more connected” hooking up to Twitter, Last.fm, Friendfeed and others.
Rubbish Exhibit A:
I press play in iTunes, like the song, and want people to know about it and have a listen.
iScrobbler listens to what i’m playing
Last.fm receives that data and publishes it
Blip.fm looks at that data to help make suggestions for my “blip”
Twitter automatically sends out a new ‘”tweet”
My Facebook status and blog rss feeds are now updated with a direct link to the listen to the MP3.
The frustrated DJ inside me is grinning.
- Andy: writing about a video called “Presenting Twitter?” Jack Dorsey Presents Twitter from biz stone on Vimeo. A...
- I’ve set-up a Tumblr account. It’s a hellokinsella mini. I’m dumping stuff here that doesn’t warrant a full blog...
- Update your Facebook status via Twitter I’ve just got into Twitter, early days and who knows...
- Beautiful computer generated art from Flight404 Solar, with lyrics. from flight404 on Vimeo. Expect to seem...
- Radiohead, using technology cleverly again. First up happy new year, hope that Xmas and New...